Your greatest asset as you build your business is your network.
What’s a network?
All the people you know.
You do know people right?
If you don’t know any people, that’s fine, they are everywhere!
Do you realize there are 7 billion people in the world? Which means if you tried to talk to all of them for 5 minutes a piece, it would take you roughly 35 billion minutes, which is about 66,000 years.
There are so many people out there that you literally would only get to about .7 percent of them before you died.
And that assumes you could literally line them up one after another for 5 minutes in a row and never sleep.
And they all have a story, and they all want to talk, and they can ALL help you. Why? Because they all know someone. And that someone could be the one you really need to grow your business.
It doesn’t really matter where you start, just pick one and start talking. Then here is the rule:
- They talk MORE than you do, even if the topic is YOU.
- You ask THEM about what THEY are working on immediately after they ask you.
- Ask them what their challenges are.
- Ask them who they are looking to meet.
- Ask them how you can help.
- Think to yourself “How can I help this person?”
- Then, when you feel like telling them something you’re going to do for them, STOP.
- Instead of telling them what you’re doing to do, how about just doing it?
- Just a thought.
- And what should you do for them?
- Send them leads.
- Introduce them to the people they want to meet.
- Remember them and say hey to them next time you see them.
What if the other person talks the whole time and doesn’t ask you about your business or your idea?
THAT’S OK! Believe it or not, they will still think your idea is great. Do you know why? Because they’ll think YOU’RE GREAT. And why is that?
Because you listened to them. And people rarely do that these days.
Note: If you’re thinking “I’m starting an online business, so I don’t have to talk to anyone”, just remember that online businesses are built offline.